Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I BECOME A NYLA & NOELLE CURATOR?
- See our ‘Become a Curator’ tab on our main page. This will take you through the easy steps of becoming a Curator!
WHY SHOULD I BECOME A CURATOR?
- We offer a low-cost entry option into the exciting world of owning your own fashion boutique without the expensive start-up costs and hassles of opening a brick and mortar storefront. When choosing to sell Nyla and Noelle you will not have to pay rent on a storefront, pay for required shopping center and/or street signage which can run around $7000 alone for a lit sign, maintain shopping center or mall hours, or pay extra employees to maintain those hours. You will not have to purchase large designer mandated minimums of merchandise in order to carry certain brands. You can take advantage of our 10 plus years of experience in the fashion industry and our contacts with manufacturers and designers. You can enjoy the freedom of selling boutique quality clothing while maintaining a work / life balance and enjoy vacations while we handle everything behind the scenes.
IS THERE A WAITLIST OR QUEUE TO BECOME A CURATOR?
- No there is no wait to join our team!
ARE YOU A MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING COMPANY?
- No we are not a multi-level marketing company. However our Curators enjoy a generous profit margin, bonus options for referring other Curators to our company, and incentive plans including the Master Curator status for exceptional sales volume. As such, our Curators are never pushed to build a team or train and be responsible for anyone else they refer to the company. We handle all training. PLEASE SEE BECOMING A CURATOR FOR MORE ON OUR INCENTIVE PLANS.
IS THERE AN UP FRONT COST OR MONTHLY FEES TO BE A CURATOR?
- There are no monthly fees. To become a Curator you will purchase a POP box of initial inventory at wholesale prices, just like big name stores. You will build your own POP box from individual pieces of inventory from our website. Our on boarding staff will advise you more on this. As a Curator you do not share your profits with us or only receive a portion of the sale. You will receive and keep the full sale amount of the clothing you sell. Then you will simply place your monthly minimum re-order to maintain your active Curator status and listing on our company website. You will find our monthly minimums to be very reasonable and easily attainable. We also offer a calendar year minimum monthly re-order cap. Our On-Boarding staff will give you more details on the cap.
DO I CHOOSE MY OWN STYLES THAT NYLA AND NOELLE SENDS TO ME?
- YES, you will choose every style, color/print and size you wish to receive, excluding leggings print. When placing your orders you will always have between 40 to 60 rotating limited edition styles to choose from, along with more styles included in our BOUTIQ, Cocktail and Designer Spotlight lines.
WHAT IS A POPBOX?
- A POP Box is the first box of clothing you receive from us as a Curator, it is your POP Up Boutique in a box. You will choose all of the pieces included in your POP box.
WHAT MARKETING MATERIALS AND SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE TO CURATORS?
- Nyla and Noelle provides stock and/or lifestyle photos of all styles we offer. This makes it easy for Curators to publicize the styles they have in stock. We will list each Curator on our company website to direct potential customers to Curators in their area. Nyla and Noelle will publicize our products on our company Facebook and Instagram pages and direct potential customers to the Curators. Nyla and Noelle will provide free branded business card templates and various other branded marketing templates to all Curators via our website. Nyla and Noelle may provide free marketing materials of our choosing in POP boxes based on number of pieces in first order, selected by the Curator. Nyla and Noelle may at times provide free marketing merchandise of our choosing to Curators reaching the Master Curator status.
DO YOU OFFER TRAINING?
- Yes, our on boarding staff will provide training to new Curators. We have several training articles on our website for you to read after becoming a Curator.
HOW DOES A CURATOR MAKE SALES?
- Curators make sales through selling their inventory at fun home parties, live in person on social media platforms, online photo albums, and in-person pop up boutiques. Curators may operate from home or in small boutique settings that they personally operate and own. Nyla & Noelle is NOT sold on general webpages hosted by Curators that offer shopping cart options. This protects our Curator’s market. Nyla and Noelle the company, will never sell to the general public via our company website or social media. All sales will be conducted by Curators. If you are interested in becoming your own internet shopping hostess / host type personality, we will guide you on hosting internet home shopping type sales and building a loyal following.
DO YOU REQUIRE CURATORS TO HOST A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF HOME PARTIES A MONTH?
- No, we do not require Curators to host home parties at all. You are welcome to conduct all of your sales online via social media if you wish. However, to have well rounded and robust sales we recommend doing a variety of selling platforms, from in person home parties, to pop up boutiques at community events and social media selling.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT CAN I ACCEPT AS A CURATOR and WHO COLLECTS THE SALES TAX?
- As a Curator we do not require you to use a central payment platform. You may accept whatever payment types you want. (Ex. credit card, Paypal, cash or check.) We can advise you on low cost ways to accept credit cards with your smart phone and set up an online invoicing system for internet sales. You will need to collect and track any applicable sales tax and set up a way to remit the taxes to your state and/or county. We will guide you in this process, but as a business owner you are responsible for ultimately collecting the tax and remitting it to the state and/or county. We are not a professional tax consultant so please consult the tax professional of your choice to advise you on your personal business set up and local / state requirements.
WHAT CLOTHING SIZES DO YOU CARRY?
- We sell straight sizes, ex. Small, medium, large. We also sell plus sizes which include XL, 1X, 2X, and 3X.
WHAT TYPE OF FABRIC ARE NYLA & NOELLE CLOTHES MADE OF?
- We offer a wide range of fabrics and textures in our line. We have Modal, Silk, Bamboo, Chiffon, Cotton, Linen, Lace and other fabrics. Our clothing line also offers fine adornments to many pieces such as tassels, fringe, embroidery, buttons, and laces for a high end look. We also have streamlined, sleek, super soft Modal and Bamboo fabric styles for those who love dressed down comfort styles.
DO YOU SELL LEGGINGS?
- Yes, we sell fabulous leggings in a variety of styles and unique prints. However, leggings are not the main focus of our line. The majority of our leggings are super soft Peach Skin fabric. Some of our specialty leggings such as jeggings and yoga pants may be made of other fabric. Our leggings come in one size which will fit sizes 0-12 or XS-L, along with our Curvature collection one size, which will fit 12-18 or XL-2XL, lastly we also offer our Curvocateur collection which will fit size 18-24 or 2XL – 4XL, and we also offer individual size options from XS - 3XL. The individual size options styles will be denoted as Yoga Pants. That is the only difference between leggings and Yoga Pants. We also offer jeggings which will have a denim jean like appearance and may offer pockets, faux pockets, and/or metal adornments while being made of soft, stretchy legging fabric. Our leggings are the only item that you will not be able to pick the exact print, due to quickly changing inventory and limited edition prints. Our leggings will be sold in packs of 5. You may order a pack of 5 one size in either full length or capri length, 5 Curvature Collection in either full length or capri length, or 5 Curvocateur in either full length or capri length. On our Yoga Pants and jeggings you will be able to order individual styles and sizes.
WHERE IS YOUR CLOTHING MADE?
- With our large line of clothing we have several different manufacturers who specialize in various fabrics and styles. A large portion of our styles are manufactured in the USA, however some of the more specialty fabrics and styles are manufactured in other countries. No matter where our styles are made we offer top notch quality control, and if a Curator has an issue with a product, we will gladly replace the item according to our return policy.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE REASONS WHY YOU ARE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER DIRECT SALES CLOTHING COMPANIES?
- Unlike with most direct sales clothing companies, our Curators are not limited to selling from a catalog or a set number of select styles simply made in different prints. We operate on a fast fashion platform for today’s modern fashionistas. This means our inventory of styles that Curators have to offer is constantly changing. When placing your orders you will always have between 40 to 60 rotating limited edition styles to choose from, along with more styles included in our BOUTIQ, Cocktail and Designer Spotlight lines. We add new styles on a weekly basis, every Friday. We also offer many different style themes, so a Curator could specialize in BOHO styles from our Bohemian Dreams collection, Western styles from our Wildflowers collection, Dressy Casual from our Dress Me Up collection, Casual Comfort pieces from our Basic Jane collection, or push the fashion limits with our edgy Paper Doll collection. Or have a well-rounded boutique with a mix of all collections. With each piece being very limited in quantity and such a large variety of styles your friend next door or several people in your town could sell Nyla and Noelle and you would each have different Curated boutiques and your customers will enjoy a unique and tailored shopping experience.
HOW DO I FIND CURATORS IN MY AREA?
- Go to the ‘Find My Curator’ tabbed section located on the main page of our website.